RATS in the Belfry is our Summer Sessions for 8 – 13 year olds, enabling them to explore the many facets of creating and performing in works for stage and screen, .
RitB sessions take place on most Summer Sundays between 11:30am – 3:30pm.
Our RitB 2016 sessions are now over for the year. Hope to see you all again next Summer!
Each RitB sesssion will be broken down into a number of lessons. Students will also be encouraged to develop and work on their own personal projects. Topics covered during the course will include :
• Acting for stage & screen – practice & techniques
• Familiarisation with working & speaking in front of camera
• Scenery design & creation
• Costume & props design & creation
• Writing for Screen & Stage
• Make-up & FX
• Voice-over / Radio practice
• Foley sound creation
• Development of individual talents and projects.
While it is not essential that students attend every session, we do expect a level of commitment in order to foster a harmonious working environment. Rats In The Belfry is not a drop-in creche. Whilst we understand that the students are children, when they are at Rats In The Belfry they will be treated as young actors and artists, and as a valuable member of a creative team.
See some of our young rats in action with these spoken poetry videos; and watch their first stop-frame animation projects below :